[rt-users] Default value's on creation

Gerard FENELON gerard at eve-team.com
Tue Oct 11 09:49:39 EDT 2011

Hi Bart

we use

   if( ! $ticket->CustomFieldValues( 'Software Ready' )->First )
     {
     # set the custom field
     my $cf = RT::CustomField->new( $RT::SystemUser );
     $cf->LoadByName( Name => 'Software Ready' );
     my ( $status, $msg ) = $ticket->AddCustomFieldValue( Field => $cf,
Value => 'Not ready' );

     if( $status )
       {
       $RT::Logger->info( $blurb . " : 'Software Ready' set to 'Not
ready'" );
       }
     else
       {
       $RT::Logger->warning( $blurb . " : Couldn't set 'Software Ready'
to 'Not ready'" . $msg );
       }
     }

Gerard