[rt-users] help with ModifyQuery callback

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 12 18:38:08 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 03:41:58PM -0500, Izz Abdullah wrote:
> And I have tried with just $query...I wrote the silly program though and received what I expected, an error for an undefined variable.  If I change the print line to
> print $query;

If print $query works, why are you using $$query on the right of an
assignment?  go print $$query and see what you get.

> I have been using the double $ because that is all I could find on the net...no one here has given me any other guidance on this issue.

The correct way to do this is to avoid hacking things onto the string
(what happens when I use the syntax available to do queue:General, are
you going to transform that to fulltext:queue:General?)

lib/RT/Search/Googleish.pm has been massively refactored and contains
a number of small subroutines available for overriding that affect the
way that the default parsing is done.  You could do this with in a
much less fragile manner by looking at that code and overriding the
default parsing one.

-kevin