[rt-users] timer/escalation/mail reminders (untouchedin script)

Mayk Backus backus at nlcom.nl
Mon Oct 17 11:34:27 EDT 2011

Hi List,

I'm new to RT, and i've spend a lot of time trying to get a feature
working i'm used to having in otrs.

We need several queues in RT, each queue needs to notify "queue members"
when a ticket has gone by N amount of time without being worked on.
Searching around i found the untouchedin script on the wiki. Trying
several versions of the script, but all of them run into the same
problem. rt-cron runs ok for others jobs, but when i run it for the
untouchedin script it fails on : "Failed to load module
RT::Condition::UntouchedInHours. (Can't locate RT/I18N/en_us.pm" . I
checked the posting not having the complete script, trying the version
suggested but to no avail.

Having a look on a second system, pulling RT out of the ubuntu repo's ,
i see the I18N directory containing more files, but not the en_us.pm file.

Trying to create workarounds with a script upping the priority , and a
second rt-cron checking tickets with priorit higher then N commenting
with a custom template works, kinda-ish.. The drawback here is that the
ticketresponder needs to manually set back the priority to avoid being
hit up by an e-mail notification he's not responding to fast.

To me, the untouchedin script could do the trick, since (the way i
understand i should work, but then agian, i'm a noob) it calculates the
time since last response and the time the script is run. If a
ticketresponder updates the ticket, the script does nothing.

Can someone please point me in a direction to a sollution, i'm lost at
the moment.
My RT Version is 4.0.2 , running Ubuntu 10.04.

Thank you in advance.

regards

Mayk Backus
NLcom