[rt-users] no content editing for articles?

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Oct 17 13:29:59 EDT 2011

On 10/17/2011 01:13 PM, Joachim Thuau wrote:
>> You missed docs/customizing/articles_introduction.pod
>>
>> It covers exactly the case you're discussing
>
> I have read that last week, and looked at it again this morning.
>
> I have successfully created an article last week. But I can't update
> content. Shouldn't there be some sort of textfield for me to put the
> article content into?
> (that was my problem).

 From the doc Kevin mentioned:

   =head2 Custom Fields

   Articles don't have a single "body" section for each
   article. Everything is a custom field (except for name, summary and
   some other basic metadata). So, you need to create some custom
   fields to hold the Article body and other data.  These Custom Fields
   should have "Applies To" be "RTFM Articles".

   Once you've created your custom fields, go into your classes and click
   on "Custom Fields" and add the Custom Fields you want to each class.
   Alternatively, use the Applies To link from each Custom Field.

Thomas