[rt-users] Old Email/RT user accounts and SMTP nofication...Emailsgo to NeverNeverLand?

Izz Abdullah Izz.Abdullah at hibbett.com
Tue Oct 18 12:18:56 EDT 2011

Deleted users are no longer attached to old tickets.  You can always remove the email address associated with disabled users so that it does not try to email.
Understand the difference in deleted and disabled.  Deleted - removed from the mySQL database and therefore no longer associated at all in historical relationships, Disabled - just cannot access RT, but still exists in the database.  I would edit the user information to remove the email address if you are following a best practice and just disabling the users.

Just my $0.02 worth.