[rt-users] Perl API: Referring to possible values in combobox custom field by ID?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 19 05:28:59 EDT 2011

Hello,

Sorry about empty mail.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:54 PM, tobiasbp <tobiasbp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> I'm working on a script using the perl API. I'm running RT 3.8.8.
>
> I have a custom field of type combobox. Let's say the field has two
> possible values:
> 1: A
> 2: B
>
> I can easily check if the field has a value of "A" or "B". But, I
> would like to refer to the values by ID (1 = A, 2 = B). As the values
> may change in the future, but will still have the same meaning (from
> the script perspective).
>
> Any ideas?

CF values associated with objects (tickets) not by id, but by value. When
you change values of the combobox, actual values on tickets are not
changed.

Anyway, association between values and ids are in CustomFieldValues table and
can be accessed with RT::CustomFieldValue object.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.