[rt-users] Ckeditor custom field type

Simon Walter simon at gikaku.com
Wed Oct 19 22:20:13 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, October 19, 2011 05:15:45 PM you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can use Custom Fields with the type "Wiki text", from there you can use
> the instructions on this wiki page:
>
> http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/RTFM
>
> This will allow you to use wiki markup in your articles.
>
> The downside of this, from what I've noticed, is that the content of wiki
> text CF's comes up unformatted (not even line breaks) when you add them to
> a comment or reply.
>
> So in my case, I've tested the above but rolled back to normal plain text
> CF's since these are fault proof.
>
> If there's a way to do this in a different way then I'm also interested :-)
> Though the above is the only thing to my knowledge that comes close..

What I'd like to do is create a new Custom Field Type that is the same as
'text' but get CKeditor loaded *AND* outputs HTML when it's viewed or inserted
into emails. I'll have to study how RT sends out HTML/plain emails. It's
courtesy to send both. Do you know if this is currently the case?

If RT converts the HTML email to plain text before sending, it would make
inserting the HTML article pretty straight forward I presume.

It's difficult to imagine why with all the updates, this isn't already done.
You can create an HTML reply, but not an HTML article? This should be seamless
and easy to use for support staff.

Perhaps I should have posted this to the dev list.

Simon