[rt-users] Apache not fetching changes after Clearing Mason Cache

Izz Abdullah Izz.Abdullah at hibbett.com
Thu Oct 20 09:56:02 EDT 2011

Ok...I am running on Ubuntu Server 11.04 with RT4.0.2.

Anyway, I cleared the mason cache (located at /opt/rt4/var/mason_data/obj/).  I have sudo su so that I can get a better look at the directory structure of mason_data and realize, after clearing it, it creates a marker, fine, I assume that is normal.  Once apache is restarted it gathers what is served out to the web interface for standard and the callbacks, as well as some other things.  I notice there are changes in both the /opt/rt4/share/html/Elements directory, specifically the Tabs file, AS WELL AS both of my current Callbacks, which work now, because somehow I got it when mason decided to grab a fresh copy, but these changes are NOT reflected in the new mason_data directory object files.  I thought I had found this solution, for the Callbacks anyway, by running chown root:www-data recursively on the Callbacks folder, but this actually isn't the full fix.  I got lucky, apparently.  I haven't a clue where mason is pulling the OLD data.  Please assist.  I know I ask a lot from you guys out there, but this is driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance,
Izz

Izz Abdullah
Network & Systems Engineer