[rt-users] Best Practice RE Mail Server

Francisco Jen Ou fjenou at intercomti.com.br
Tue Oct 25 16:24:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

My suggestion:

- incoming email to sendmail and aliased by it to something like
rt_queue_name at rt_server.domain.com (where rt_server.domain.com resolves
to RT server's internal net IP).

- outgoing email sent directly by RT server (don't forget to set
$SMTPFrom correctly)

This way, there will be only one server to manage (though you will need
to setup mailgate on RT server once).