[rt-users] Change the shown 'logged in as...' name

declaya chocoboselphie at gmx.de
Thu Oct 27 02:11:47 EDT 2011

Good morning,

I'm using mod_auth_kerb with Apache to authenticate our users. The
authentication works fine, each user is recognized by their
userPrincipalName from our AD which is mapped to RT as their username.
This causes to show also the userPrincipalNames in the main navigation bar,
which confuses the users.
So now my question is:
How can I change the shown name in the navigation bar? It would be great if
I could change it to the RealName of the user.
I tried to change the /path/to/rt/share/html/Elements/Tabs file from
$session{'CurrentUser'}->Name to $session{'CurrentUser'}->RealName in lines
385 and 731 but it didn't work.

I would really appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance!

Have a nice day!