[rt-users] Upgrading from 3.8.4 to 4.0.2

Izz Abdullah Izz.Abdullah at hibbett.com
Sat Oct 29 10:28:13 EDT 2011

Hello All,
I am looking to upgrade our current installation from 3.8.4 -> 4.0.2.  We're running linux, and the server is virtualized.  I'm starting to do a bit of research on two separate approaches for the upgrade, and thought I would come back here for advice.

1:
Can we export the mysql database in 3.8.4 and easily migrate it into 4.0.2 without doing an in-place upgrade (e.g. fresh install of 4.0.2 on another virtual machine and import the 3.8.4 database)

2:
Can someone point me to some decent documentation on in-place upgrading from 3.8.x -> 4.0.2?

Thanks in advance,
Izz