[rt-users] RES: Re: rt-mailgate error wht ExternalAuth On User Creation by Email

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Oct 31 13:19:21 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 12:24:02PM -0200, Luciano Ernesto da Silva wrote:
> I found just one unprivileged user with the following:
> Username: czarevj at yahoo.com.br
> Email: czarevj at yahoo.com.br
> RealName: Vanessa Somelastname
>
> The real name is the same of the requestor that got the error:  "Vanessa
> Somelastname." The only diference is the email address.
>
> My guess: ExternalAuth or other subroutine is denying creation of users
> with the same RealName.

Your attr_match_list says you're uniquing on Name and EmailAddress,
not on RealName.

If you'd configured attr_match_list to use RealName, then this would
explain your problem.

What's usually happening is that you have a conflicting
Name/EmailAddress match happening in RT (based on your config).

> My LDAP attributes:
>
> 'attr_match_list'           => ['Name', 'EmailAddress'],
>
> 'attr_map'                  => {'Name' => 'uid', 'EmailAddress' =>
> 'mail', 'RealName' => 'cn', 'ExternalAuthId' => 'uid'}

-kevin