[rt-users] External Auth overrides user preferences

Aline Guedes aline.guedes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 21:23:52 EDT 2011

Hello,

Is there a way to make ExternalAuth set a default email address to new users
but not override existing users' preferences? I noticed that every time I
log in as my existing user, it changes my email to what is defined in the
LDAP server - I would like to make RT send mail to an account that is not
defined in the LDAP server.

Also, is there a way to make RT recognize my RT account by both Name and
EmailAddress? I have recently migrated from rt 3.4.4 and rt 4.0.2 and in the
old version, I had one account with the name "alinegds at domain.com" and email
address "alinegds at anotherdomain.com". When I opened a ticket or replied a
ticket using my alinegds at anotherdomain account, it would still recognize my
RT user account (alinegds at domain.com) and would not create a new one. This
was actually very good because I wouldn't need several different entries in
the database for the same user (and it would also allow me to view all
tickets I opened using both email accounts from the same RT acct). Note that
I wasn't using the External Auth plugin in rt 3.4.4 (I used a custom script
base on LDAPOverlay - http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/LdapOverlay).
Summing up, I would like to be able to have an RT account based on my LDAP
user, but have the ability to use another email account to reply to/create
tickets (the email account defined at my preferences page).

Best regards,
Aline