[rt-users] The actual HTTP_HOST does NOT match the configured WebDomain

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Sep 7 18:46:35 EDT 2011

On Wed, September 7, 2011 2:22 pm, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 01:30:00PM -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:
>> I'm trying to set up the email gateway on my shiny new install of 4.0.2.
>> I think I have everything set up correctly, except that the email never
>> gets there and I get this error in the apache log files:
>>
>> [Wed Sep  7 20:16:02 2011] [warn]: The actual HTTP_HOST (tracker) does
>> NOT
>> match the configured WebDomain (xxx.xxx.xxx). Perhaps you should
>> Set($WebDomain, 'tracker'); in RT_SiteConfig.pm, otherwise your internal
>> links may be broken. (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:1087)
>
> This is a warning, and shouldn't stop rt-mailgate.  You probably want
> to post all of the log messages.
>
> What this message is saying is that you've set your WebDomain in your
> config to xxx.xxx.xxx but someone is connecting to the machine as
> 'tracker' and this may cause problems.  From your rt-mailgate
> invocation below, I'm guessing it isn't caused by the mailgate, unless
> you're proxying things.

All of this is happening on the same machine.  I am using the mail command
to send mail to the mailgate on the same host, so no proxying.

Where and how do I enable logging to see more details?  What I posted is
all I'm getting.  I get nothing else in the logs pertaining to the
warning; the email just doesn't show up.  I have allowed ticket creation
for everyone.