[rt-users] Rights problem in RT

Vegard Vesterheim vegard.vesterheim at uninett.no
Thu Sep 8 02:29:27 EDT 2011

We have noticed that some pages in our RT-3.8.8 installation have
started to load slowly. It turns out that on pages which presents a menu
for Ticket Owner, the menu has become much larger than it used to be. It
is now populated with thousands of entries! Almost equal to the total
number of users (privileged and unprivileged) in our database. We only
have around 100 privileged users. The page for building a New Search from
scratch has this problem.

Looking at the code I see that RT tries to identify users which have the
'OwnTicket' right, and displays these in the menu:

    my $Users = RT::Users->new( $session{CurrentUser} );
    $Users->WhoHaveRight(
        Right               => 'OwnTicket',
        Object              => $object,
        IncludeSystemRights => 1,
        IncludeSuperusers   => $isSU
    );

This call returns many more users than expected.

The 'OwnTicket' right had not been granted explicitly to any user or
group, I tried to to assign this right explicitly, but that did not fix
the problem. The System group 'Everyone' only has the rights
CommentOnTicket, CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket.

Any hints on how to resolve this problem?

 - Vegard V -