[rt-users] Custom field values based on queue?

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 9 12:30:19 EDT 2011

Jim,

I have a Custom Field named "Work-State". It is used by many, many Queues.
Not all Queues have the same processes that would be defined in
"Work-State", therefore, each Queue can distinguish THEIR values in
"Work-State" by making them all part of a category that is different that
the others. In this case, they use their Queue Name as the Category. So, the
CF "Work-State" has several Queues using a different set of values
differentiated by the category (their Queue Name). Simple, right? LOL.
Here's an example:

sort field         name(value)      descript                  category
  10                 In-Progress                                   GL
  20                 On Hold                                        GL
 110                Waiting for Req                              AP
 120                Waiting for Decision                       AP

When in a TIcket, the display screen/page offers the user a chance to select
the category. SO let's select "AP". The only values I will then see will be
the "Waiting ..." values.

Does that make it a little clearer?

Kenn
LBNL