[rt-users] Multiple value match for attr_match_list - multiple email addresses

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Sep 14 13:55:45 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:42:02AM -0700, Hossein Rafighi wrote:
> Hi,
> I modified the subject line to multiple email addresses. I just
> received an email off the list that was advising me to do the
> following to achieve what I want. I should emphasize that my users
> are all in one domain. Sine both John.Doe at triumf.ca and
> jdoe at triumf.ca are the same person I want him to be able to submit a
> ticket and reply to his ticket no matter which email address his
> "From:" is set to. Also if possible, I want him to be able to use
> either John Doe, or jdoe as username to login to the web interface.
>
> The advise is to enable the following:
>
> Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch   ,
> '(^rt\@triumf.ca)\.(cc\.)?cn\.ca$');
>  Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace , 'uid.ca');

If you can write a regular expression to rewrite John.Doe to jdoe
consistently across your userbase, then you can use that option.
Normally, it's used to normalize people who write from @host.domain.tld
and @domain.tld to all come from @domain.tld.

Your proposed settings don't look like they would do what you propose.
Have you reviewed the documentation in RT4?

-kevin