[rt-users] Implementing LDAP Authentication in RT 4.0.2 - help please

Izz Abdullah Izz.Abdullah at hibbett.com
Fri Sep 16 10:21:40 EDT 2011

So I have checked a few things and am still stumped.  The Net::LDAP and child modules are loaded, and so is the RT::Authen::ExternalAuth.  The log file is NOT being generated in [RTHOME]/var/log...the directory is empty, so I can't see what the LDAP module is 'spitting out'.  Do I need to turn on debugging somewhere for LDAP authentication so I can at least see why I am not able to login?  I've tried various login types (email address, AD login ID, and even DOMAIN\loginID with my AD credentials and it says 'invalid username or password'.  I am still able to login with the root account, and I don't have any other accounts setup yet on this install (we will migrate our 3.8.4 mysql db to this installation once we've tweaked it).

I would appreciate some direction, or what I need to post here for direction...something to keep me from pulling the rest of my hair out. =)