[rt-users] How to avoid a huge dataset returning

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Sep 16 14:31:37 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Kevin Falcone" <falcone at bestpractical.com>

> That doesn't looks like a standard RT query, but you haven't provided
> your version. You'll probably want to turn on the StatementLog option
> and figure out where that query is coming from so you can fix the
> source.

Which makes you a good person for me to bounce a SQL idea off of:

For the purpose of tracing queries back into code, how about something like:
"add to the end of each query a clause like AND NOT Todays_Date = '1000-08-22'
(using the appropriate SQL syntax, which I forget)... using the date as an
'address' for the query in the code (program, module, query, or something
similar."

The entire clause will be statically true, and get optimized off, but will
still show up in the slow-query log, and in mytop/mtop, etc... giving you
a handle to get back to the code.

Is this possible?  Practical?

Cheers,
-- jr 'Ashworth's Device' a