[rt-users] Mobile UI differences versus full web interface

Susan McClure smcclure at rice.edu
Tue Sep 20 14:21:43 EDT 2011

Hi,

We are using the Mobile Interface more and more frequently and some
users have complained about differences in the Mobile UI versus the full
interface.  Can anyone
tell me if any of these  differences can be fixed or modified to make
them behave
like the full interface?

(RT 3.8.5 with Apache SSL)

1) The Mobile Quicksearch box will not find any resolved tickets.

Our full web interface will return resolved tickets in the Quick Search
box  (we don't have any modifications to share/html/Elements/Quicksearch
 ==>  local/html/Elements/Quicksearch; as per the QuickSearch Wiki
item).  The mobile interface returns
0 results when you enter a resolved ticket number in the QuickSearch box.

2)  Mobile interface doesn't allow you to edit any attributes.
The Mobile interface
gives you a "basic" view of any ticket, but unlike the full web
interface, you can't
change any of the attributes (like Subject, status, Queue, Priority etc)

3) Mobile interface doesn't know you Signature, as defined in your RT
preferences.

The signature you defined in your RT preferences, is not used for
comments or
correspondence through the mobile interface. Can it be used?

I find these differences with devices:
 -  Palm Pixi+ and latest WebOS
 -  Apple iPhone and Safari

Thanks,