[rt-users] Request Tracker Email Issues - Please Help

Daniella Orton daniella.orton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 17:48:49 EDT 2011

To whom it may concern,

I are currently using Request Tracker 3.8.8 set up on a Linux server.  Upon
commenting(replying), and creating tickets in Request Tracker, it fails to
send out any emails and I was wondering if you’d be able to provide some
assistance with this issue.

Looking at the log, I receive the following error:

[Tue Sep 20 17:52:33 2011] [info]:
<rt-3.8.8-10985-1316541153-1891.21-6-0 at rt3.pts1.adc> #21/429 - Scrip 6 On
Correspond Notify Owner, Requestors, Ccs and AdminCcs
(/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:300)

[Tue Sep 20 17:52:33 2011] [error]: Scrip Commit 6 died. - Can't locate
object method "set" via package "MIME::Head" at
/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm line 392, <GEN39> line 15.

I’ve never seen this before, but if you have any insight please let me know,
and I can provide you more information if need be.

Daniella Orton

973-610-2679