[rt-users] Problem with cf field scrip

john s. fireskyer at gmx.de
Wed Sep 21 04:27:09 EDT 2011

Hello everybody

Were searching for a Solution to add a String from a cf field to the Subject
one if we create a ticket or make some transaction with it ...

so we've written some scrip code but sth does'nt work .....

here is the scrip:

Preperation:

unless ( $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "CustomField"
  &&  $self->TransactionObj->Field == 7 )
||  $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create")
{    return 0; }

Action:

my ($old_subj, $cust); $old_subj = $self->TicketObj->Subject; $cust =
$self->TicketObj->NewCustomFieldValue('test');
$self->TicketObj->SetSubject($cust.' ## '.$old_subj);
return 1;

If we only create the Ticket everything is fine and he assigns the string to
the subject correctly , but if we tried to modify the CustomFiled from the
Ticket which we created
he changes the String to the new Value in the Subject Field  and goes  back
to the old value   in one step.

So i think during a transaction  he hold's the old value for the custom
field in mind, and don't pay any attention if we change the value ...
But i don't know exactly  in which way this happened  so it's only a
presumption

best regards john s.