[rt-users] Add requestor group as cc

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Sep 21 10:35:31 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:46:33AM +0200, Michael Polenske wrote:
> system creates a ticket for the user (if user in on the phone and has no
> internet access) - in that case the groups of the admin will be added to
> cc. I guess the problem is that in the scrip "creator" is used to find
> out the membership of the groups and not "requestor":
>

> my $groups = RT::Groups->new($RT::SystemUser);
>
> $groups->LimitToUserDefinedGroups();
>

> while (my $group = $groups->Next()) {
>
>       next unless $group->Name =~ /^TEAM_/;
>
>       if($group->HasMemberRecursively($ticket->Creator)){
>
>               $ticket->AddWatcher(Type=>"Cc",PrincipalId=>$group->Id);
>

> So best solution for me would be to exchange
>
> "HasMemberRecursively($ticket->Creator"
>
> With
>
> "HasMemberRecursively($ticket->Requestor"
>
> But this does not work. Any hint ?

There is no Requestor method on a Ticket

There can also be multiple Requestors but only one Creator.

I suggest you start by looking at the docs in Group for
HasMemberRecursively, which will tell you that it expects a Principal.
Then you'll need to change the code to either get the first
requestor's Principal object or loop and handle multiple Requestors
passing each one's Principal object down into HasMemberRecursively

-kevin