[rt-users] OT: Tagging queries and the query cache

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 21 10:56:16 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Kevin Falcone" <falcone at bestpractical.com>

> This destroys mysql's query cache, which is a very nice performance
> win.

On some reflection, I have a question: which part of my suggestion destroys
the utility of the cache?  That there's another clause in the query? Or that
it involves "Today's Date"?

Cause the former would only seem to apply between uses of the same exact
query in different places in the code... and the latter could be solved
by simply making the tagged-on clause be 'Tag-string' = 'Tag-string',
I *think*.

But I am only an egg in these things...

Cheers,
-- jra