[rt-users] Clicking "New" Doesn't Acknowledge New Messages

Ryan Frantz ryanfrantz at informed-llc.com
Thu Sep 22 09:08:18 EDT 2011

List,

I'm using RT 4.0.2 with the 'UpdateStatus' display column set under the "x highest priority tickets I own" display and I have found that when requestors reply to tickets, and that column updates with the link named "New", I can click the link to take me to the reply, but there is no option at the top of the page to acknowledge that the new messages have been read. Is there a permission or configuration option that needs to be set to enable this?

Otherwise, it always looks like the ticket has a new message, because we can't clear it.

Thanks,

Ryan Frantz
Technical Services Director
InforMed, LLC