[rt-users] Remove ticket number/tag from subject

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Sep 28 08:36:32 EDT 2011

On 09/28/2011 05:54 AM, Dr Tim Cutts wrote:
>> I recall some solution was posted a few years back to the list or
>> wiki, but don't remember anyone wrapped it as an extension.
>
> I suspect any such method will be quite fragile, since it will depend
> closely on the end user's mail user agent, and their mail provider's
> mail transfer agent, doing the right thing with message ID's,
> In-reply-to headers and so on.  In my experience quite a lot of mail
> clients don't do that properly.

The other problem such header matching creates is attaching email to
completely unrelated existing tickets when a person tries to create a
new ticket by replying to a ticket mail and clearing the subject and
content.

This question comes up on the mailing list from time to time.  I suggest
you search the archives.

Thomas