[rt-users] RT4.0.2 Modify Custom Field layout

Michael Morel Michael.Morel at totem.ca
Wed Sep 28 17:48:40 EDT 2011

I have been trolling through the mailing lists for information.

I have 20 "Custom Fields".
The "Custom Fields" are one column in the "Display" page for a ticket
and they show up fine for there.
Though later on it would be nice to add some separators between fields
and some text here.

More importantly:

I would like to modify the layout when we edit the "Custom Fields" after
a ticket has been created.

RT orders ticket specifics like "Subject", "Status", "Queue" into one
column, fine.
RT then orders the "Custom Fields" into two columns and it is a bit of a
dogs breakfast.

I would like to have some separators and maybe some text between them.
ie.  Design, Implementation
I would also like to set the size of the Text box created.

I know I can order them using the UI and that is helpful, but what is
the best way to go about
changing the formatting of the Edit page? Best Practice?

Pointers appreciated.

Michael

--
*Michael Morel*