[rt-users] users with multiple email addresses using mergeusers

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Apr 5 20:50:56 EDT 2012

On 04/05/2012 08:45 PM, Mark D. Nagel wrote:
> Here's a related question that perhaps you or someone else can shed some
> light on.   We have some code in procmail that wants to verify senders
> against tickets in advance, so part of the query includes
> '(Requestor.EmailAddress = '$from' OR Cc.EmailAddress = '$from')',
> passed to the rt script.

Why are you doing this type of access control at the procmail level
instead of just configuring rights appropriately within RT?  If you only
hand out ReplyToTicket and CommentOnTicket to the appropriate watcher
roles (Requestor + Cc here), then RT will do this check for you (and
merged users might even Just Work the way you expect).