[rt-users] RT Extension LDAPImport Using LDAPS?

Scott Pestana scott.pestana at linguamatics.com
Mon Apr 9 14:25:47 EDT 2012

RT Gents,
     I'm having trouble setting up LDAPImport over LDAPS.  The README
with the package on CPAN details set up and includes "Hostname or
ldap(s):// uri" which suggests to me that secure transmission should
work.  I have settings in RT_SiteConfig.pm for Security, but I don't see
a specific flag for the Extension::LDAPImport package to set that secure
communication is requested.

     I run into the following error trying to run rtldapimport:

[root at owlwoman bin]# ./rtldapimport
Running test import, no data will be changed
Rerun command with --import to perform the import
Rerun command with --debug for more information
[Mon Apr  9 18:19:15 2012] [error]: LDAP search failed No such object
(/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Extension-LDAPImport/lib/RT/Extension/LDAPImport.pm:866)
LDAP search failed No such object
Testing group import
[Mon Apr  9 18:19:15 2012] [warning]: Not running a group import,
configuration not set
(/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Extension-LDAPImport/lib/RT/Extension/LDAPImport.pm:874)
Not running a group import, configuration not set
Finished test

     Digging into the PERL code being executed by rtldapimport, I found
that the LDAP object can't be created because the configuration being
used is insecure:

   DB<9> x $ldap
0  Net::LDAP=HASH(0x5af6f00)
    'net_ldap_async' => 0
    'net_ldap_debug' => 0
    'net_ldap_host' => 'OURLDAPS.linguamatics.com'
    'net_ldap_port' => 389
    'net_ldap_refcnt' => 1
    'net_ldap_resp' => HASH(0x86044f0)
         empty hash
    'net_ldap_scheme' => 'ldap'
    'net_ldap_socket' => IO::Socket::INET=GLOB(0x8604718)
       -> *Symbol::GEN46
             FileHandle({*Symbol::GEN46}) => fileno(8)
    'net_ldap_uri' => 'OURLDAPS.linguamatics.com'
    'net_ldap_version' => 3

     What flags do I need to set for rtldapimport to use secure
communication when doing the import?  I have set $LDAPUser and
$LDAPPassword in the RT_SiteConfig.pm but aren't reflected here either
(perhaps they are applied later).

--
N. Scott Pestana
IT Infrastructure