[rt-users] local perl for rt 3.8.2

testwreq wreq testwreq at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 08:38:02 EDT 2012

I am sorry I am so new for RT and perl.

I installed perl-5.14.2 in a local directory and CD'd to that directory
before running configure script. and then  using local perl installed
missing modules
/root/localperl/bin/perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'

I did not run fixdeps. I already have a running version of RT 3.8.2. I want
to point it to the perl I installed in the local directory.

The reason I am doing this is because, I have to upgrade centos from 5.5 to
5.8 (which is the latest). I did an upgrade on my test machine and I could
not start the http server. The error logs showed some TEMP dependancy
missing for RT. After installing that TEMP perl module, I could start the
httpd server but could not access the RT application from the browser. It
tries to open some(?) file and fails due to missing mime type. Then I
installed mime types from the source but this also did not fix it. I cannot
understand what this centos upgrade did.

I am completly lost. Now I am wondering, if by installing a new version of
perl and have RT point to that will fix the issue or not?

Any ideas please let me know.

Thanks much.