[rt-users] Am a little bit lost with setup of RT

who else bogey_63 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 11:31:22 EDT 2012

Have set up RT before, but i am missing my installation documentation;
nowhere to be seen.

I have RT up and running on IP adress and Port 8080 with the RT Server. What
doesn't work at all is the Mailinterface. He says, he sends mails, but they
never arrive, also, Mails i send to RT won't arrive, so i assume there is a
problem on that side.

I am wondering about the settings for Postfix:
rt: "|/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url
http://example.com"
rt-comment: "|/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment
--url http://example.com"

I gave it a shot with fetchmail, but didn't succeed there.

My configuration is: The RT Website should be found under
http://www.example.com, although i would like to have https instead, but i
want to have it working first, before i am going to experiment with SSL.

Anybody got a list of packages i need besides the deps, i can fix with make
fixdeps?
Also, how to configure Apache Server? I do not want to have it in a
subdirectory like http://example.com/rt

Perhaps someone could push me in the right direction, please? Tried to find
a complete, and also uptodate installation documentation for Ubuntu 10.04
but haven't found something real helpful.

Thank you all for help.
Best

j_m