[rt-users] RT and CRM functions/integration

Petr Hanousek phanousk at civ.zcu.cz
Fri Apr 13 03:06:24 EDT 2012

Hello,
this is the question that crossed also my mind few days ago. We are the
company using RT and now we want to start using some CRM system. Well,
not the whole one, but some sort of it, let's say addressbook on steroids.

I've tried to google it and among many crap I've found this thread and
some other messages from some consulting companies that "it works
somehow" and thy provide the solution.

So I wonder how is this possible. Because as far as I know about RT,
it's rather the solution for solving problems and not tracking
customers. On top of that, the system of dealing with users is based on
email addresses which continuously changes. This is the opposite of CRM
system, because there is the customer on the first place so his contact
is unique and not dividet into several mail addresses.

I've found some workaround here
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/48819 but didn't try it
yet, because I am not confident this is the right way to go.

So do you someone have some experience with integrating CRM system and RT?

Best regards, Petr Hanousek

    Petr Hanousek                   e-mail: petr.hanousek at cesnet.cz
    MetaCentrum User Support        phone: +420 234 680 241
    CESNET z.s.p.o.                 mobile: 606 665 139
    location: Zikova 13a, Praha     room: 32b
                         Czech Republic