[rt-users] Forward with Comment

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 13 11:44:34 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 04:36:22PM +0100, Tim Cutts wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2012, at 16:16, Ram wrote:
>
> > Thanks Tim but that's not quite what I meant.
> >
> > If I want to forward an attachment from a ticket to an email address and add a note like "check out this file we received" how do I go about it? I can forward tickets or ticket parts (transactions) but I don't see a way to add a note to the forward message.
> >

> I can think of a hack way to do it, but you probably wouldn't want to do this in reality; you could create an RTFM article out of the comment/attachment that you want to send, and then send a reply to the ticket using the RTFM article you've just created.  Blech.

That won't work with actual attachments.

The feature Ram has asked about has an open ticket in the issues
tracker, I'm not aware of any work on it (modifying the Forward page
to allow content inclusion).  It shouldn't be hard to set up and I'd
love to see a patch for it.

Being able to reply to a ticket including arbitrary attachments from
other transactions on the ticket is a feature we've been playing with for
4.2, but we don't know if it'll make the cute.

-kevin