[rt-users] Am a little bit lost with setup of RT

who else bogey_63 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 00:46:57 EDT 2012

Rainer Duffner wrote:

> Where is your mail hosted?
> I assume, you don't run RT on your mailserver, right?
> The mailboxes (you need two) are on your mailserver.
> The mailserver is the server that is recorded in your MX record.
> If you had told us your real domain, we could look it up and tell you its
> IP-address....
>
> I would really suggest you ask BestPractical or someone else for an onsite
> install.
>
> Rainer

Hi Rainer,
RT is running on the same machine as the mailserver. While RT should be on
the domain example.com; the mailserver is on the subdomain mail.example.com;
both point to the same IP.
I have had it up and running end of last year, but my provider closed down
unexpectedly and i am missing my install docs, unfortunately, otherwise i
wouldn't have needed to ask questions here...  I am wondering if i am
missing something obvious; like some package or so. That's why i was asking
for a current install doc, to be able to compare, where i might have made a
mistake.

The ManualEmailConfig says: The mail gateway requires the web UI to be set
up and functional.
Well, i cannot login by using: http://example.com but with http://<ip
address>

I will setup everything one more time. :-(
Best