[rt-users] RTx::RightsMatrix and 4.0

Jeff Bacon bacon at walleyesoftware.com
Sat Apr 21 11:35:48 EDT 2012

Has anyone gotten the RightsMatrix extension to work correctly with RT4? Or is it so totally out of date that it won't work and I shouldn't bother?

I have tried installing it multiple ways (from package, hand-pasting files where I think they should go) but I can't seem to convince it to work, and I'm finding the new methodology for rights assignment to be actually somewhat more cumbersome than it was in RT3.

I think all the bits are in place.
System configuration acknowledges that the perl module is loaded.
The html files (which I have to copy manually) are in the search path (/opt/rt4/local/html).
But the menu entry never shows up under Tools. And I'm not versed enough to determine how that's supposed to be triggered.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-bacon