[rt-users] Dependencies for RT 4.0.5 on CentOS 5

Stephen J Alexander sjalexander at mpbx.com
Sun Apr 22 10:27:26 EDT 2012

It sounds like you might have mixed your perl environments, which might be
an unhealthy thing. You should get rid of the symlink; it is liable to
cause problems for you.

I suggest you determine whether cpan installed the XML::RSS under /usr/lib
or /usr/local/lib:
     /usr/local/bin/perl -mXML::RSS -e ""
If that throws an error, that means that you're using the wrong cpan (from
the /usr/ vs the /usr/local install)

In which case try the following to determine whether cpan is also in the
new environment:
     /usr/local/bin/perl -mCPAN -e ""
If this throws errors then you need to build cpan for the new environment.

Regards,

Stephen J Alexander
MPBX, LLC
http://mpbx.com