[rt-users] fetchmail errors trying to retrieve from pop3

Scott Sjodin scott.sjodin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 15:47:30 EDT 2012

Hi rt-users!

So, I got my earlier Perl dependency woes worked out thanks to Stephen
Alexander on this board.

I've got RT 4.0.5 successfully installed and running on example.com (just
the root, no /rt)

I'm trying to setup mail now. I've got an external pop3 server that I'm
attempting to use fetchmail to grab mail from and pipe it into RT.

Fetchmail is installed and running. I've verified that both
support at example.com and support-comment at example.com have the correct
credentials corresponding to my fetchmailrc file (which is listed below).

When looking at my fetchmail logs, however, it shows the following errors:

*fetchmail: Authorization failure on support-comment at example.com*
*fetchmail: Query status=3 (AUTHFAIL)*
*fetchmail: Authorization failure on support at example.com*
*sh: /root/rt-4.0.5/bin/rt-mailgate: Permission denied*
*fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 126*
*fetchmail: Query status=3 (AUTHFAIL)*

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

*FETCHMAILRC*
*
*
*set daemon 60*
*set invisible*
*set no bouncemail*
*set no syslog*
*set logfile /var/log/fetchmail.log*
*
*
*#support at example.com*
*
*
*poll pop.example.com protocol pop3 username "support" password
"nottelling" mda "/root/rt-4.0.5/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support --action
correspond --url http://www.example.com" no keep*
*
*
*#support-comment at example.com*
*
*
*poll pop.example.com protocol pop3 username "support-comment" password
"nottelling" mda "/root/rt-4.0.5/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support --action
comment --url http://www.example.com" no keep*