[rt-users] Incrementally Upgrading RT

Joe Harris drey111 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:42:04 EDT 2012

What database are you using. I went the exact path you are doing a few months ago from 3.8.7 to 4.0.5 and someone here posted a link with very straightforward instructions. I am using Postgres and just did a pg_dump of the db, created a new one with a different name and loaded my dump file into it. Then on the new server, got everything installed per instructions but instead of initializing database ran:
rt-upgrade-database (I think)
And it prompts you to step through each version of the db one at a time.

If I can find the link, I'll send it to you.

I did run into an issue on one of my installations where custom fields are handled a little differently (only if the custom fields are linked to one another) but I put together some scripts with a little help from the list and fixed it. Since I was moving to another server and was able to test a few dry runs, the whole upgrade took about 30 min to an hour to complete.

Sent from my mobile device.