[rt-users] fresh install of RT-4.0.6 which JSON to use

o.nash at cs.ucc.ie o.nash at cs.ucc.ie
Thu Aug 2 10:39:43 EDT 2012

Hi all,
I am building a new install of RT-4.0.6
while going through the perl modules needed I get a choice when selecting
a version of JSON.
here is the message from the command
perl -MCPAN -e 'install JSON'

   CPAN.pm: Going to build M/MA/MAKAMAKA/JSON-2.53.tar.gz

Welcome to JSON (v.2.53)
=============================
If you install JSON::XS v.2.27, it makes JSON faster.

  ************************** CAUTION **************************
  * This is 'JSON version 2' and there are many differences   *
  * to version 1.xx                                           *
  * Please check your applications useing old version.        *
  *   See to 'INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES TO OLD VERSION' and 'TIPS' *

Do you want to install JSON::XS?(Y/n) [Y]

My question is should I take the new version JSON::XS
as offered?

--
Oliver Nash
CSSG Computer Science UCC