[rt-users] putting a custom field in place

Gergely Buday gbuday at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 07:25:09 EDT 2012

Hi there,

I would like to have a "select multiple values" type custom field in
an extension of RT,

The previous custom field works, it is about choosing languages, so
the same type. I created a custom field following this working
example. I set it to Global, following again the example. I put some
new code into UserPrefs.html:

UserPrefs.html:% my $UserWhenEmail =
RT::CustomField->new($session{'CurrentUser'});
UserPrefs.html:% $UserWhenEmail->Load(107);

where 107 is the id for this new custom field. Also I wrote

<& /Elements/EditCustomField, %ARGS, Object => $UserObj, CustomField
=> $UserWhenEmail &>

I cleared the cache and restarted apache but only the "When to e-mail"
label appeared but not the multiple checkboxes. What else should I do
to make it happen? I filled in the multiple possible options for the
custom field.

- Gergely