[rt-users] ldap info update over e-mail

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Aug 13 10:45:58 EDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 04:08:12PM +0200, Marko Cupać wrote:
> I have rt-4.0.6 with p5-RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.11. 100% (~300) of
> my requesters use RT over e-mail, never logging into web interface.
> 9 staff members use web interface. This works very nice.
>
> Now, more than 100 requesters are changing e-mail addresses, moving
> from one company within the organization to anther one. I am
> starting to see messages like these:

I suspect you want to use RT-Extension-LDAPImport one-time to update
user information from LDAP keying on usernames (it may be hard if you
only have out-of-date email addresses).  If all you have are emails,
you may need to script the update with some perl.

> --
> Aug  9 14:45:53 rsbgyucnix02 RT: RT could not load a valid user, and
> RT's configuration does not allow for the creation of a new user for
> this email (name.surname at newcompany.tld). You might need to grant
> 'Everyone' the right 'CreateTicket' for the queue General.
> (/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.4/RT/Interface/Email.pm:245)
> --
>
> So, what do I do? What is the most convenient way to update their
> e-mails in RT? Do these messages mean that RT is rejecting their
> e-mails at the moment?

Your mail logs will answer this, but most likely yes.

-kevin