[rt-users] Using Ajax with Mason in RT

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Thu Aug 16 07:37:37 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 7:24 AM, Martin Drasar <drasar at ics.muni.cz> wrote:

> On 16.8.2012 13:15, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Martin Drasar <drasar at ics.muni.cz
> > <mailto:drasar at ics.muni.cz>> wrote:
> >

> >     The problem is, when I remove the flags section, the ajax call fails
> >     with 403. If I keep it, I get back following error: "syntax error at
> >     /home/RT/RT-4.0.6/local/html/Ticket/Elements/TestComponent line 15,
> >     at EOF"
> >

> > Do you see anything in the logs?
>
> Nope...
>
> rt.log is empty, apache error log as well and the only thing I see in
> access log is '"POST /Ticket/Elements/TestComponent HTTP/1.1" 200 1322'
>
> I can post the code stack, but I am afraid that there is not much that
> can help...
>
> Martin

Unfortunately somewhere between RT and Mason and perl a lot of the errors
go unreported - you just have to narrow down where the problem is with a
lot of calls to $RT::Logger->debug.  But first things first, you need to
turn up the logging in /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm
Set( $LogToScreen, "debug");
Set( $LogToSyslog, "debug");
You also need to have a look at line 15 and before in your component.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin
http://careers.stackoverflow.com/ptomblin