[rt-users] Using Ajax with Mason in RT

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Fri Aug 17 07:30:14 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Martin Drasar <drasar at ics.muni.cz> wrote:

> Still, I wonder how come that Paul could successfully run my scripts...

Because I didn't put it in Elements, I put it in the directory with the
code I was working on, and because I didn't try it with <%flags>.

If there is one thing that's annoyed me about my whole experience with RT
it's the way errors either get eaten up or mis-reported.  I don't know if
that's the fault of Perl, Mason or RT, but I frequently find myself having
to put RT::Logger->debug statements every other line just so I can figure
out where it's silently failing, and then minutely examining the line to
discover that (as happened yesterday) I had an extra $ in front of a
variable name.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin
http://careers.stackoverflow.com/ptomblin