[rt-users] rt-mailgate problem - certificate verify failure ?

Ethier, Michael methier at CGR.Harvard.edu
Tue Aug 21 09:59:46 EDT 2012

Hello,

The rt-mailgate program acts differently between v 3.8.8 and v 4.0.6. The v 3.8.8 version works
fine using https, and even when I have v 4.0.6 running with the /etc/aliases point to the v 3.8.8 version of rtmailgate, email
get sent to the queue. But the v 4.0.6 version fails with certificate verify failed, output from mailq:

(temporary failure. Command output: An Error Occurred =================  500 Can't connect to testrt.rc.fas.harvard.edu:443 (certificate verify failed))
                                         rt at testrt.rc.fas.harvard.edu

Any ideas as to the verification of my RT/ssl setup,  on how to fix this ? Apparently the RT 4.0.6 is less forgiving about the ssl setup and config.
I ran RT configure with the --enable-ssl-mailgate option and installed all perl modules required with "make fixdeps" in RT 4.0.6.

Thanks,
Mike

This is in /etc/aliases:
# rt3