[rt-users] LDAP-Active Directory external authentification search/authentificate users in a subtree

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 21 11:11:26 EDT 2012

On 08/21/2012 05:58 AM, Limit Less wrote:
> I have set up a new Request Tracker server, that uses
> the RT::Authen::*ExternalAuth *extension.
> Everything is working fine, and i am able to authenticate users account
> from the Active Directory into RT, the problem is that i have is that my
> organisation has a complicated structure, with many OU, and the ldap
>  search for users from what i could figure it out is made having as a
> scope just one level, what would i need is to have as a scope a whole
> Subtree.

The whole subtree is searched.  Here's the line of code:

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-authen-externalauth/blob/master/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm#L57

and the documentation for the default it's relying on:

https://metacpan.org/module/Net::LDAP#search-OPTIONS-

You should post your entire config, and error messages, etc.