[rt-users] Fulltext search with date ranges

Jason Doran Jason.Doran at nuim.ie
Mon Aug 27 09:24:52 EDT 2012

Hi,

I know the caveats with enabling a fulltext search on a non- PostgreSQL
or sphinx setup. However,

Can RT do a fulltext search (/Search/Simple.html) with a date range?

I suspect the answer is no, that this is not a supported field, but
thought I would ask anyway; something like:

fulltext:coffee Created>-2 days ago and Created <= today

I have a portlet that I copied from
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Full_Text_Search_Portlet

and see date ranges here for a sphinx search:
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/IntegrateSphinx

and thought that adding date ranges to Full_Text_Search_Portlet
might make this a little faster.

It is currently fine in testing with about 30,000 tickets;
v. slow for resolved tickets as expected, but fine at the moment
for open/stalled/new tickets.

RT: 4.0.6
MySql: mysql-5.0.95-1.el5_7.1
no sphinx (for another day)

Regards,
Jason Doran
National University of Ireland, Maynooth