[rt-users] sending mail from scrip action

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Aug 27 12:13:08 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 03:59:12PM +0200, Gergely Buday wrote:
> I would like to send e-mails from the scrip preparation code. I use

First thing - Don't send mail or make changes from the Preparation
stage of a scrip, do it from the commit.

You also don't say what you're trying to do, but trying to invoke
SendEmail from a UserDefined scrip action probably isn't going to work
quite right.

Are you trying to change @ISA from inside the boxes in the Admin UI?

If you actually need to subclass SendEmail (like Notify does) you
almost certainly need to write code on the filesystem and load it in.

If you tell the list what you're trying to do, someone might be able
to point you to a simpler solution.

-kevin