[rt-users] Installing RT via Puppet

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Aug 28 03:07:17 EDT 2012

On 28 Aug 2012, at 01:27, Mr IT Guru <misteritguru at gmx.com> wrote:

> Good Morning All,
>
> I don't want to reinvent the wheel,  so I though tI'd ask here first. Has anyone here installed RT via Puppet?
>
> For those that don't know, Puppet, is a pretty awesome state management tool. Google is your friend, you can do the rest. For those that do, would you mind sharing your code? Or if there isn't any code, would you guys like to join me writing some?
>
> That way I can spend 5 minutes installing new boxes instead of looking up my notes, etc.
>
> Anyone interested?

Surely it's just a matter of having the puppet manifest install an appropriate RT_SiteConfig.pm, and any local customisations hierarchy?

Assuming you're just talking about configuring the web front end, that is.  Having it automatically set up  the database as well probably isn't something I'd do.

We use cfengine here rather than puppet, but I don't configure RT with it.  My RT runs in a virtual machine, and if I want new copies of it for testing or whatever, I just clone the VM.

Tim