[rt-users] On Correspond, Take Unowned Ticket

Matt Brennan brennanma at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:13:56 EDT 2012

I am creating a new queue for some slightly less technical users at my
company, and their manager has requested I set RT to have a user take
ownership of an unowned ticket when they correspond on it via email. I
have accomplished this, for the most part, by creating a scrip with
the following:

my $Ticket = $self->TicketObj;
my $Transaction = $self->TransactionObj;
my $CreatorId = $Transaction->CreatorObj->Id;
$Ticket->SetOwner($CreatorId);

The issue is, it shows up as "The RT System Itself - Given to user"
which then generates a notification to the user that the message was
given to them. I also considered change the last line such that:

$Ticket->_Set(Field=>'Owner', Value=>$CreatorId, RecordTransaction=>0);

But this obviously doesn't log the transaction, and I DO want to see
the ownership change in the ticket's history.

My question - can I run the SetOwner (or perhaps the _Set) command AS
the $CreatorId for the transaction? My goal is for it to show up as
"user - Taken" which will not generate the notification.

Thanks,
Matt