[rt-users] Multi-tenant

Christoph (Stucki) von Stuckrad stucki at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 13 05:46:55 EST 2012

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012, Shuvam Misra wrote:

> (i.e. multi-tenant support), will anyone want to set up separate servers
> then? I would have thought the reverse question is the natural one.

Having read only the last thee mails and not much time now,
I only want to tell, we did exactly tht, we did split a
multi-tenant RT into (only!) two sepearte instances.

Here were some more inssues than simply multi-versus-sigle
group usage. But one of the reasons might be important.

The overall-rights-matrix on only-one-userbase makes it
difficult to wall in each of the groups, so they never
see or notice one of the others.  It *is* possible, but
error-prone, if the 'groups' try to administer their own
'set of queues'.  One wrong click or 'right' and information
leaks will happen.  In sigle-tenant-setups this stays
impossible and virtual hosts are relatively cheap.

Stucki

--
Christoph von Stuckrad      * * |nickname |Mail <stucki at mi.fu-berlin.de> \
Freie Universitaet Berlin   |/_*|'stucki' |Tel(Mo.,Mi.):+49 30 838-75 459|